Sunday, June 14, 2009

face painting

I remember Vacation Bible School as a child. It was a fun filled week of singing, relay races, Bible stories, glue, popsicle sticks, kool aid and flower-shaped butter cookies with a hole in the middle... anyone with me??? Now, however, it's bar-b-q dinners and dance moves and balloons and bird houses and face painting... it's marvelous. So I was recruited to do the face painting booth on this hot Baton Rouge Wednesday. It made my heart so full! There are times when I know that I am using my talents only for the purpose of serving the Lord. This was one of those times.

One of the teenage boys from church sat down and told me to paint "whatever I wanted." So I painted a picture of the girl he likes... for all the world to see. I love people.

No comments:

Post a Comment