Friday, June 5, 2009

wanting less


I've decided that I want to live on the beach under a tent. That's what I decided today. I think the decision became crystal clear in my head while I was picking up (for the 37th time today) a mountain of dress up clothes, memory cards and star wars action figures and returning them to their appropriate buckets. And the whole time I was crawling around picking up toys I was bitter because I don't like the base boards in little Dean's bedroom or the ceiling in my kitchen. So, maybe the beach is a little extreme... but maybe not! You see, I've been learning about how to be content. Isn't that awful? Could God be walking me through a lesson on how to be a better gardener or how to be a more courteous driver? And, and, and THEN I ran across this little nugget... "But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content." (1 Timothy 6:6-8) Really? Dear me, get over yourself. Love, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment