Saturday, July 18, 2009

quilt... day 2


I want to see how many days it will take me to make a quilt. Sound like fun? I always go to old lady's houses and see unfinished quilts sprawled out across the dining table or the bed in the guest room... all with the same story. "I've been workin' on that thing for seven years. Started it for my grandkids and never got around to finishing." Soooo, with hopes that I won't become one of "those" ladies, I'm starting my first quilt. Here's the most fun of all the fun parts... you can make one with me! That's right blog world (whoever you are... probably just my mom and sisters) I'm only on day 2 so you have plenty of time to catch up. Last night I cut fabric scraps into squares and triangles for about an hour.

And today I spent 45 minutes sewing the triangles into these star shaped thingys. I am doing this without any resemblance of a pattern (my mother will die) or exact measurements. So I guess perfectionists and experienced sewers are out. o.k. so get started and I will report back next Saturday with my progress. About an hour a day should be plenty of time to get a lot done. Can't wait to see responses! Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to try to make a quilt. I am excited to see how it turns out, I love the fabric that you chose.

    ReplyDelete