Saturday, August 29, 2009

quilt... day 37


So close... yet so far away. I stayed up late last night machine sewing the darling zigzag fabric to the back of the quilt and some wool batting in the middle. Then I cut the flower fabric for the border. It almost made me sad to cut that fabric cause it's so gorgeous... then I remembered that cutting the fabric would mean finishing the quilt and then I was happy again. I ironed the border strips before sewing them on so the edges would stay down (that's right, Mom, I did something that is only done by people who actually know how to sew). So it all came together with only a few minor catastrophes. All that's left to do now is hand sew a few more embellishments that will cover up the nasty mistakes. I'm loving how it looks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment