Wednesday, July 28, 2010

before and after... unflattering shirt


Baby Stella Belle has a new dress. It's made from a pretty shirt. Here's the shirt before...

I love this shirt and bought it on clearance at a fancy boutique, but every single time I wear it someone asks me if I'm pregnant. The last time was at a coffee shop and when I told the lady I wasn't pregnant she started going on and ON about how I had "good coloring" in my skin. She said she thought I was pregnant because I was "glowing," but deep in my heart I knew it was because of the dang shirt. So I went home, did 100 crunches and cut the shirt in half.

I paired the bottom half with a plain pink shirt from Stella Belle's closet. The pink shirt had some chocolate milk stains on the bottom and sleeves. I cut off the stains and sewed it to the bottom half of the fat shirt. Result? Happy

How do you recycle clothes that you don't wear?

4 comments:

  1. i love it! i can't wait to learn how to use my damn sewing machine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I can't believe people would say that!

    You did such a great job! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygah, so cute! Love you. Also, block the foreign person. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this!!!! yall are adorable

    ReplyDelete