Tuesday, April 23, 2013

and then i blinged out my chacos

I've had my one and only pair of Chacos since the year 2000. They hold a special place in my heart because I bought them when I was working at a super cool summer camp. I've worn them in Africa, the Cayman Islands, Mexico and New York City. I call them my "souvenir shoes." I love them. However, the straps are a little out of style. Every birthday I say I'm going to just buy a brand new pair of Chacos, but then I'm like, "but what would I do with the old ones? Give them away? no. Sell them? no. Keep them and have two pairs? maybe." And then I just choose something else for my birthday present. You can re-strap your Chacos, which is what I was just about to do when I had this brilliant, glittery idea. BLING THEM OUT! I spent $2 on gold ribbon the exact width of my straps and $1 on gold thread. I figured if it turned out horribly, then I will order new straps from the website. I got busy stitching the gold ribbon and I LOVE how it turned out.
It took me one week (about an hour each day of hand stitching) and $3 to give my beloved Chacos a brand new look. They will come in especially handy two days from now when we leave for our Turner Family Disney Campout! Don't be afraid to bling your Chacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment