Saturday, April 25, 2009

tent love


Charlie snapped this picture in Africa and I cannot stop looking at it. Why? Because I like tents! I like assembling tents, I like sleeping in tents, I like the wrinkled frailty of tents. There's never been a tent that didn't take some amount of "doing" to get constructed... I like that too. I also like making tents with my 3 brilliant children. I do NOT like blowing bubbles, or play dough, or ball pits... but I do like spending large amounts of time piling bed sheets and pillows into a safe refuge. It's our favorite. Just typing these words is causing my innards to long for summer camping. Here are a few more inspiring photos of tents...

"He opens up the heavens like a canopy and spreads out the stars like a tent to live in..." Isaiah 40 

No comments:

Post a Comment