Friday, December 3, 2010

tacky tree

We have two Christmas trees every year. One tree is pretty and the other tree is tacky. Since our beautiful wedding was in December, we decorate the pretty tree with decorations from our wedding. The tacky tree is decorated with... um... everything else. All the "dirty santa" ornament exchange randomness and all the sunday school kid creations go on the tacky tree. The tacky tree is silver. The kids say that it is the prettiest tree in our whole house. After we got the tacky tree all put together, it still looked a little bare. I figured we could recycle a box and create something fabulous...
I cut the box into square-ish shapes, grabbed some neon green pipe cleaners, and painted the pieces on one side...
On the other side I let the kids write down a few items from their Christmas lists...
We stuck them on the tree and smiled at the prettiness. Maybe I should not call this the tacky tree anymore. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think I will have to borrow this idea. My kids always have so many things they want to add to the tree that I don't really want on my "pretty" tree.

    ReplyDelete